SUNRISE EAGLE NEWS
February 13, 2023
01: Parent Teacher Conf. Scheduling Open
02: Parent Teacher Conferences
03: Volunteer Access
04: Safety Reminder
05: Digital Citizenship Message
06: Monday February 20th- NO SCHOOL
Parent Teacher Conference- Scheduling Open
Today at 8am our parent teacher conference scheduling opens for parents in Skyward Family Access. Parents who have more than one student are encouraged to get in and schedule their meetings as soon as possible so they can get appointments back-to-back. The scheduling window is only open a limited time so get in and sign up today!
Are you new to the process? Please see instructions below.
Forgot your login or password? Please call the office for help. Thanks!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent teacher conferences will be held on Wednesday March 1st and Thursday March 2nd. Please note that Thursday will be an early release day and there will be no school for students on Friday March 3rd.
Monday March 6th has also been recently changed to be a remote learning day. Details on what that means for your student are coming soon.
Are you volunteering in the classroom for Valentine’s Day or for a field trip? Please be sure that you have done the district background check. If you are not certain if you’ve done the volunteer application for the 2022-23 school year, please contact the office.
Parents, as a reminder, the parking lot is not to be used as a drive through pick up area. The parking lot access after school is only for parents who are parking their vehicle, exiting, walking over to the sidewalk to get their student and walking them back to the vehicle. This is for the safety of the students. The parking area is not safe for students unless escorted by an adult. We’ve had complaints come in recently about this issue so we are kindly asking everyone to please follow these guidelines. If you are wanting to simply “drive through” to pick up your student, please use the appropriate drive through lanes. Thank you!
Digital Citizenship Msg.
Try planning a device-free dinner! Taking a break from devices is proven to have positive benefits for kids, from better nutrition and focus at home to fewer problems at school. Learn more about the benefits of device-free dinners at commonsensemedia.org/device-free-dinner.
February 20th- No School
February 20th is a no school day in observance of Presidents Day.
Parent Conference Instructions – Skyward
Login to your Skyward Family Access
If you have more than 1 student in Canyons School District Schools,
- choose All Students on the left side click the Conferences tab.
- Only one appointment can be scheduled per teacher per student
- If guardians maintain separate households, they must login separately to schedule individual conference times for their student
- If you have more than one student, the system will allow you to schedule them at the same time with two different teachers, however a warning will appear because this will double book you.
- Click All Conferences next to the student’s name you wish to schedule a conference for
- Click Select a Time
- Choose the time you want and click Select next to that time (Status for that time slot must be open or select option will not appear)
- A window appears showing the appointment information, Click Save
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will also receive a reminder e-mail five days before and two days before your scheduled appointment.