Dear Sunrise Families:
I have been asked to remind everyone to follow the traffic signs on the streets nearby our school. There are no parking signs and speed limit signs that our community may not be aware of. Please do your best to follow the traffic signs as they are all placed in an effort to keep our students safe.
Also, please review our parking lot loading/unloading procedures.
- Everyone follows the directions of the Crossing Guards, Staff, and Student Safety Patrol members.
- 5 MPH speed limit in the parking lot.
- Obey traffic signs.
- No cell phone use while driving in the parking lot.
- Children enter/exit vehicles along the marked/indicated pick-up and drop-off zones (see picture below school parking lot map).
- Please make sure that your children are ready to exit the car before you come to the drop-off zone.
- In the pick-up and drop-off zone, drivers remain in the car. All students should enter or exit the vehicle at the curbside from the passenger side. No vehicle doors should open on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
- If a child is not able to get out of the vehicle by themselves, the driver must park in a patron parking spot and walk the child through the crosswalk to the sidewalk.
- The Kindergarten play area is closed before and after school.
- The swings play area is closed before and after school.
- Bicycles, scooters, and skateboards must be walked on all school property.
Please know that our parking lot is a team effort. If you have feedback on improving our systems, you are welcome to join a School Community Council meeting. That committee advises the school on our parking lot procedures. You can view the SCC meeting schedule at https://sunrise.canyonsdistrict.org/school-community-council/.