Current Year Enrollment Steps:
Any student not currently attending Sunrise Elementary must complete the enrollment application process.
- Use this ENROLLMENT LINK to complete the enrollment application.
- Guardians new to Canyons District should select “Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment.”
- Guardians with students already attending Canyons District should select “New Student Enrollment” and use their existing Skyward Family Access login information.
- Upload ALL of the required documents below to the enrollment application.
- Birth Certificate
- Birth certificates can be printed in-person at most Utah Health Departments.
- Immunization Record (printout, not yellow card) OR Exemption Training Certificate
- Students who have not yet received all immunizations should still submit their current record at the time of application. The completed record must be sent to the school within the first 30 calendar days of school or the student will be excluded from school
- Proof of Residency – Acceptable Documents
- Must be the whole document, not a picture of the envelope
- Birth Certificate
- If all of the documents have been received, you should receive an email confirmation from the school that your enrollment application has been approved within two business days.
- For kindergarten students, enrollment procedures are the same. All kindergarten classes are now a full day class. If you would like to opt out of the full day, you’ll need to set up a meeting with our principal prior to class placement.
- Once you receive an email confirmation from the school that your enrollment application is approved, the final step is to complete Online Registration during your student’s first week of school. This is required for every student, every school year. You will complete this using the Skyward Family Access account that you created and log in here.
- Students who are displaced or experiencing homelessness, including living with someone else due to financial hardship, may not be required to submit all documents with the enrollment application. The housing questionnaire section on the application should be marked accordingly. If living with someone else due to financial hardship, an Affirmation of Residence should be completed and notarized with the homeowner at the district office for proof of address. Enrollment application is still required. The school can assist with computer access if not available.
- Students transferring from another Canyons District school do not need to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are on file with the current school. Enrollment application and proof of address are still required.
- Students who do not live inside Sunrise Elementary boundaries who have either been accepted on permit or have been notified of acceptance into the SALTA program are not required to provide proof of address. However, we prefer you do include it so we can verify that information entered into the application is correct. Enrollment application, birth certificate, and immunization record are still required.
- Please search our website for answers to frequently asked questions, like school hours, drop off/pick-up procedures, calendars and bell schedules, lunch menus, etc.
- For any other questions, please call the school at 801-826-9550.