Welcome to Sunrise Elementary School’s Kindergarten Orientation!
Where: Sunrise Elementary
When: April 14, 2023
We invite you and your child to come learn what you can do to get ready for kindergarten. There will be a presentation in the gym starting promptly at 2:30 pm, including class time for the new students.
If you have neighbors with qualifying kindergarten children, please share this information with them.
We have placed incoming kindergarten orientation information on our website at https://sunrise.canyonsdistrict.org/ under family resources. It includes a copy of this flyer, instructions on enrollment etc. Please use this as a reference to assist in the enrollment process. Please call our office If you have any questions or concerns at 801-826-9550.
Student Enrollment can be done online starting on March 15th. Please have the following ready to upload to their application:
· student’s birth certificate
· current immunization record or Utah exemption certificate (printout from physician or health department)
· proof of residency (utility bill, lease agreement, home contract etc. with current date)
We look forward to meeting you and your future kindergarten student and we hope this will be the beginning of a positive school experience for both of you.
Kinder Entrance Requirements
- Your child must turn five before September 1st of the enrolling year.
- Parent/Guardian must provide the following during enrollment:
- An official birth certificate
- An immunization record or Utah exemption form
- Proof of residency (With address, parent name, & current date)
- Enrollment applications are done online at www.canyonsdistrict.org. Go to students and parents and click on admissions.
- Click on Kindergarten Enrollment, then scroll to “enrollment procedures”.
- If you already have a student attending in Canyons School District, click on “New Student Enrollment”. This will link your students together in Skyward.
- If you are new to our district, click on “Temporary account for new student enrollment”.
Once you have submitted your enrollment applications, with birth certificate, immunizations and proof of residency attached, the application will be processed.
The enrollment application will be reviewed/processed by the office and you will receive an email from them with a checklist of items received and what is still needed to complete the registration.
Students are placed in classes based off information given during the pre-enrollment period. We do our best to honor the preferred AM/PM time selected by the parent, but it is not a guarantee.
Students are assigned a teacher based on AM, PM or full day classes. Currently, our school offers 1 of each of these classes. We have one teacher for the full day class and one teacher for the AM & PM classes.
Students will have the opportunity to meet the kindergarten teachers during the kindergarten orientation (see flyer posted on web site) in the spring and then again during their one-on-one assessment before their first day of school.