The Canyons School District Education Technology Team is excited to announce the start of our Elementary Tech Troupes this year! We are lucky enough to be able to have one here at Sunrise. The purpose of our tech troupes is to provide a fun, engaging environment for students to learn computer science and other technology skills. Students in grades four and five are invited to apply to participate in our tech troupe. Students must submit the linked application form and essay no later than Dec. 18, 2019.
Tech Troupe Information:
- Tech Troupe will occur on Tuesdays from 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm. The first troupe meeting will be January 14. The first session will happen each week for 8 weeks Jan. 14 – March 3. The second session will be held from March 17 – May 12.
- The dates for the first session of Tech Troupe will be held are:
- Jan. 14, 21, 28
- Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25
- Mar. 3
- In order to apply for this tech troupe students must:
- Be a 4th or 5th Grade student at Sunrise.
- Submit a 1-2 paragraph written or typed essay stating why you (the student) would like to join Techniteer Troupe. Submit essays with your first and last name clearly listed to your classroom teacher.
- Agree to follow and honor the behavior expectations of Sunrise’s Tech Troupe (see below).
- Fill out the application found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYc7zV0TS5U69I_WJpyJCoV7ZNns0PmxQgHtinFMmaHv5kDw/viewform?usp=sf_link