Margaret Swanicke – Principal
Brittaney Larsen – Teacher
Kim Metcalf – Teacher
1. Fall CBM data
Looked at 4th grade’s data – how can we support as it is the lowest across the school?
2. Review Last Year’s Plans (Goals and Money Spent)
We looked at our End of Year Land Trust Plan. It is posted on website.
3. Digital Citizenship and School Safety Report/Discussion
We explored the district school safety and digital citizenship report at https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/safe-schools/.
We looked at the templates for the plans we need to complete. We discussed how much time is spent on screens during the day while students are at Sunrise. The SCC wondered what guidelines are place for how long teachers have students use devices.
4. Living Leader – Kristin Oldroyd
CSD’s “Living Leaders”—appointed champions of wellness at our schools and district facilities— sponsor additional activities, from onsite yoga classes and healthy recipe challenges to running clubs.
- Attend three meetings a year and share information with their school or department as to activities and initiatives being sponsored by the Wellness Committee.
- Create or coordinate wellness-related activities at their school or department (fun runs, team-building activities, group yoga, bocce tournaments, pickle ball, student and patron related wellness activities, health and wellness guest speakers, contests and more).
- Track and report all wellness-related activities conducted or promoted at the leader’s location.
- Document and post on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) various wellness activities sponsored by or run by their location using the #CanyonsLiving hashtag.
- Promote Canyons Living initiatives.
- Provide suggestions for improvements related to the District Wellness activities.
5. October Safety Drill Report
It went well.
6. October Budgets
- Cell Tower $23,000 (allocated $2,500 for teacher morale)
- Land Trust $65,000
- TSSP $30,000
7. Bus Request – 12243 Draper Gate Dr, Draper
We will add this request to our SNAP plan.
8. Input from the Community if present
Upcoming Meetings for the 2020-2021
SCC Digital and Safety Report
SCC Safety Report Follow-Up in May