Margaret Swanicke – Principal
Brittaney Larsen – Teacher
Kim Metcalf – Teacher
1. Elect Chair and Vice Chair
Committee elected Kat Holt as chair, and Meghan Gardner as vice chair.
2. Establish rules of order and procedure
Committee reviewed rules of order and procedure.
3. Set meeting dates for the year
Committee decided to set meetings for 5:00 on Wed.
4. Review requirements for open and public meetings
SCC previewed Sunrise website to review requirements for open and public meetings.
5. Review bylaws
SCC previewed Sunrise website to review requirements bylaws.
6. Fall CBM data
The school is finishing up testing, and Margaret will email results to committee.
7. September safety drill report and budgets
Fire drill went well. Grade levels practiced individually with an average time of 3:50.
a. Cell Tower – $12,500
SCC approved allocating $2,500 teacher meals.
b. Land Trust – $90,531.00
c. TSSP – $84,174.00
School did not hire as many aides as planned due to 200 students online. School purchased $50,000 on Chromebooks to replace older devices and keep the school at 1:1.
9. Bus Request – 12243 Draper Gate Dr, Draper UT 84020.
A new Sunrise family requested that SCC discuss their bus request. They were told that they don’t qualify for a bus when it is a 7 minute drive on a car and a 38 min walk to school. The district said the route is 1.46, but the SCC assessed it at 1.8 via google routes. Sunrise SCC will add this request to our SNAP in the spring.
10. Input from the Community if present
Upcoming Meetings for the 2020-2021
- Subscribe to board meeting summaries by going to: https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/depts/communications/feeds/
- Plan on completing SCC training
- New SCC members should plan on watching SCC101 + SCC training.
- Kat Holt will track who attended training (online or in-person) and send a tally in to Susan Edwards to inform the engagement tracking on the district annual report.
- Have the School Safety and Digital Citizenship Report discussion in October and November meetings with the final report due on CSD Dashboard by December.